Congratulations to our December winner – Christmas Wish CT!
Christmas Wish CT is a local program that was founded by Mike Stacy from the Lite 100.5 WRCH morning show of “Allan, Mike & Mary.” It began in 2004 and has touched many lives granting wishes for food, gifts, warm clothing, and more. There is not a single paid employee. This is a pay it forward program. People helping People. Every single dollar donated goes directly to local children and families.
Our “Charity of the Month” contest is run through Facebook. Organizations are nominated on our Facebook page for the first 2 weeks of the month and then voted on. The organization with the most votes in our Facebook poll wins $500!
November winner – Journey Found!
The mission of Journey Found Inc. is to provide behavioral, residential and other support services to individuals of Connecticut with pervasive developmental disorders and intellectual disabilities to enable each to become what they are capable of being.
Manchester City Nissan initiated a giving campaign to bring additional attention and resources to charities providing services in Connecticut. Any non-political charitable organization with a qualifying IRS 501c3 designation is eligible to participate or be considered for support as part of this program.
The monthly outreach program by Middletown Nissan will award Facebook nominated qualified charities a ‘One Time’ gift as follows:
• Check for $500
• Logo placement and/or recognition within the website for one month
• Congratulatory post on social media pages
The monthly outreach program will operate as follows:
• Charity must be nominated on the Manchester City Nissan Facebook page.
• Charity nominations are opened on the 1st of the month at 12:01am EST and closed on the 15th of each month at 11:59pm EST.
• Voting is opened the 16th at 12:01am EST and closed on the last day of the month at 11:59pm EST.
• A charity is limited to 2 awards through any 6-month period
• You may vote for your charity once a day, every day until the contest ends.
• Manchester City Nissan will retain the right to ‘approve’ or ‘disapprove’ of any displays, text, writings, logos, or references to the charity that would be presented for support or placement on ManchesterCityNissan.com associated sites or locations
• Charity or organization must provide proof of 501c3 charity if applicable. Proof should be emailed prior to vote ending. Provide hard copy to dealer at time of award.
• Manchester City Nissan reserves the right to change or cancel this program at any time.
• Based upon votes placed in support of the nomination on Facebook
• Vote count is based upon votes received from the 16th of the month to the last day of the month.
• Ultimate decision of monthly winners is determined by the management or staff of Manchester City Nissan and will be approved or disapproved within 72 hours of contest’s end.
• The winning organization or cause can receive payment within 15-20 business days after the close of voting.
• Once votes are tallied, winner will be notified via Facebook message and should contact dealer to set date and time of giveaway
Manchester City Nissan is hoping that this effort will allow a variety of groups and organizations to get recognized for their hard work and dedication to our community. We sincerely hope that all area charities will participate and reap the benefits presented within this program.